Thursday, August 30, 2007

it sucks when you think things are okay...

...but they're really not.

so many tough decisions and issues to face. i feel helpless.

i am so naive in thinking that i can just decide things are all good. and i just step into at full speed.

i need to learn how to proceed with caution. slow down. think first. it's okay to be positive, but don't be ignorant.



God is my only strength. something neat i learned today from rob bell's "velvet elvis":
"God is always present. We're the ones who show up."

He is never out of reach. the earth is His and everything in it. that means I am His. i belong to God. He WANTS me to belong to Him. it's not some obligatory thing. He chooses ME...just as I am. regrets, bad decisions, mistakes and all. He is standing right next to me so that together we can face my obstacles head on.

"Search for the Lord and for His strength, and keep on searching."
-1 Chronicles 16:11

No comments: