Friday, August 22, 2008

new location. new name. new (old) friends.

i've moved to a new city...i LOVE it.
i married my best friend. life with him is amazing.
i'm going to a new school (starting MONDAY)...and i don't have much more than a year left.
i'm going to get a minor in art history. i only have to take one more class to get it.
i've reconnected with my old friends.

things are good i'd say. i'm ready for school to start monday. i'm starting to get restless. jonathan's at work now so it's hard to find things to do during the day that make the time pass and keep me busy and productive. only 2 more days though.

we're going back to ruston next weekend to see our friends! i can't wait. i miss everyone.

i got to be the photographer for my sister's wedding. it was a lot of fun. me and dad and the bro-in-law are still in the process of discussing the possibility of starting up our own business soon. i never thought i wanted to do weddings...but i think i've changed my mind. i hope this all keeps moving forward. i don't want to get out of school with an art degree and then not have a career where i'm actually using it. i feel that'd be a waste for me. i love art. i love making art. if i can have a job where i am surrounded by art and i'm able to actively create and produce works of art then i will be happy.

in the mean time i need to soak up as much as possible in this next year and a half i have of school. i'm taking non-silver photography and color photography 1 this semester. along with a 20th century art history class and a nutrition class (i needed one more class so i could keep my scholarship and grant and it was the only thing i could find). i think it will be a good semester. i hope i can make new friends in my classes...although it will be hard to live up to the standard set by my photo class friends in ruston. they are amazing and i miss them terribly.

enough with the sappy stuff. i need to go find something productive to do the rest of this afternoon. i'm approaching my last weekend of vacation though so nothing TOO productive :)

1 comment:

deepsouthrunner said...

I miss you Hannah! If you keep blogging, I will be reading :)